Coronavirus Trading Update – Tuesday 5th January 2021
At 8pm yesterday evening further lockdown measures were introduced to tackle the rising number of Coronavirus cases putting a strain on our NHS.
Like many, we were glued to the TV to see what the new lockdown would look like and how this would effect our lives and livelihoods moving forward.
For estate agents and our clients, the advice from the government hasn’t changed:
- You can still move home. People outside your household or support bubble should not help with moving house unless absolutely necessary.
- Estate and letting agents and removals firms can continue to work. If you are looking to move, you can go to property viewings.
- Follow the national guidance on moving home safely, which includes advice on social distancing, letting fresh air in, and wearing a face covering.
We are thrilled for our clients looking to move before the stamp duty holiday comes to an end in March and also for our team, who can continue to work with the same care, dedication and professionalism we saw throughout 2020.
As a local independent business, we appreciate the privileged position afforded to us in this latest lockdown and pledge to do all we can to minimise the risks to our clients, our amazing team and the community as we continue to operate.
Visiting Our Premises:
- Our offices are closed to the public, visits to our premises should be by appointment only and following guidelines on face coverings and social distancing.
- An increased cleaning and sanitising regime has been implemented in the offices.
- We will ensure that any keys are appropriately cleaned before handover.
Viewings and Valuations:
- At the time of booking an appointment and again on the day of the visit, customers will be asked if they or and member of their party is showing symptoms of Coronavirus, if any are present, we will unfortunately have to cancel the appointment.
- Viewings will be spaced further apart to allow time for cleaning/sanitising.
- Only 2 viewers should attend an appointment, if more need to visit please let us know so we can book a double appointment to allow more time.
- If you are not in a proceedable position (Sold STC or can finance a purchase independently of a sale), you will be encouraged to view the property virtually first, where possible.
- When attending a physical viewing, you should seek to maintain a minimum of 2 metres distance from others wherever possible. We will ask all parties to wear a face covering in line with government guidance.
- All parties attending an appointment should wash their hands with soap and water (or hand sanitiser if not available) immediately before and after entering the property.
- Sellers should ensure that internal & external doors are opened and that surfaces touched be wiped down before and after the appointment.
- Where we do not accompany a visit, we will make sure that both buyers and sellers clearly understand how the viewing should be conducted safely.
- We can no longer drive clients to appointments.
- Non essential valuations will be offered virtually first. If a client is curious regarding the value of their home we can give an accurate valuation virtually. Where a client is looking to actually move, we will need to see the property to prepare a marketing program.
- The rules are clear that moves should go ahead.
- Removals firms can operate and we expect solicitors to be in a position to facilitate the legal side of the transaction.
- Your solicitor will likely take extra care around exchange and completion to ensure there are no issues if either party in a transaction need to self isolate between exchange and completion.
- We recommend those moving from rental accommodation to owning a home do not give notice to quit their rental property until they have physically completed on the purchase of their new property. If there is an issue with the transaction they could find themselves homeless.
Remember; if you are not confident to attend an appointment, we are happy to value your home over FaceTime, WhatsApp, Zoom etc. We can also prepare and send virtual video viewings by request.
Stay Safe and Happy New Year,